Saturday, February 16, 2008

Upper Connecticut Trophy Section

Right below the dam. Anyone wearing a hat like this must be an expert. He just landed something hefty as we arrived.

Massive landlocked salmon. Please note that I have giant bear paw hands.

Try as I might I just cannot make this look like a whopper!

Ethan mending his line in between downpours. We were wet the entire weekend ... not surprising when you spend most of the time standing in a river.

This stretch produced a number of nice brookies and a good sized beaver. I'd like to tell you exactly where this is but I would probably end up with a trout head in my bed.

Luxury accomodations. At times we were actually fairly dry.

Lake Francis campground bathed in sunshine. Coleman grill at the ready. We grilled everything in sight ... the squirrels were nervous.

No comments: